how do you determine which wheel has the defective low tire presasue monitor light that comes on in the dash??

skippy
0

Asked by skippy Dec 30, 2006 at 03:28 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

after runnint the vette for about 20 min. the trouble light on the dash come on to check ltpms Low tire proeeure.  i know each wheel has on, but how do you tell which one??? do you need a code reader or what??

bovan
9,620

Skippy- I guess I'm just not up to date will all the modern gizmos, like iPods and plasma tvs and tire pressure monitors. But back in my day I would just spend a couple of bucks on a tire pressure gauge and check each tire individually. Voila! In a flash you will know at what corner the trouble lies. If that sounds like too much work, maybe the guy down at the gas station will do it for you. Good luck from very old Bovan.

Corollanut
485

There you go...Old Bovan has the answer. The tire sensors do not tell you which tire is low, you simply use a gauge to see, if it's not obvious by looking at them. Even if you took it to a dealer they would just whip out a gauge and check them all.