I have an issue with my odometer. My title says "Not Actual Mileage" and the person I bought it from said there were about 125K miles on it, but only 6500 show. When I ran a Carfax, it appears that a couple years ago it said 125K but evidently the computer was reset or the odometer was changed and not set correctly. How do I know the true value of my car? W in VA

vette_man
0

Asked by vette_man Apr 15, 2007 at 12:03 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

bovan
9,620

Dear vette_man-- Bad news. There is no way to tell what the actual mileage is on your 1990 Corvette. The odometer has either been replaced or spun back and that is why your title says "Not Actual Mileage." Carfax confirms that is a lot more than you see on the odometer now and the question is how much more. This is the kiss of death in the resale market. Good luck from Bovan.