Any other early vette nuts out there?

dhei
5

Asked by dhei Feb 02, 2013 at 10:24 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Always looking for the 'next big thing'. May keep the '94 or may sell & go down to a C3, or other. Other early muscle is something I am interested in also.

Al Self
295

Try driving one for a long trip, first.

dhei
5

Won't do that. Only for crusin' and an out of town show at times. I still have a passion for the '82 collector's edition. Something about that car gets me. I may eventually add one to the fleet.

Siracer71
5

I own a 78 C3. I mainly use it for short cruses. My first experience on a long drive was from GA to VA and I have to say, it was not a comfortable ride. Don't get me wrong, I love my C3, but my daily is my 95.

Brad Waller
85

It depends on your expectations. I've driven my 1966 convertible Corvette from LA to Sedona. I learned I needed earplugs, but otherwise my wife and I enjoyed the trip. I've also driven my 1967 Chevelle from LA to Vegas, Mammoth, Salt Lake City, Tahoe, and Taos. I did replace the seats, but otherwise it was not a bad road trip car. Compared to a modern car, you will not have all the creature comforts, quiet interior, cushy ride, etc.