MY 94 vette converible has a very noisy knocking going on underneath can anyone suggest why?

plorenzo
0

Asked by plorenzo Sep 18, 2010 at 01:01 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

I have recently replaced the ecm/pcm.  the knocking problem happened after I had a problem with the Vette cuting out on me and running rough and the soothing out.  This problem did come up during the time we were trying to troubleshoot the original problem.  The clanking underneath sounds like some thing has come loose, it is very loud, but the motor seems to be running fairly smooth now. Are there any suggestions???

Mike Bonnell
7,635

Many ideas :) Exhaust hitting floor pan , Trans Mount broken , Motor mount broken , rear end mount worn, Ujoints worn Hows that for a start

Nathan Chandler
35

Does it do this all the time? Only in gear? These cars had a dual mass flywheel that would hit the transmission bell-housing when there is a misfire or rough running condition. A lot of times a (or a few) bad injectors can cause this. Use an Ohm meter and measure each injector, it should read near 15 Ohms. If you see anything +/- 3 Ohms you should replace it. Google Corvette injectors. There is a company called Fuel Injector Clinic ( I think) that sells a set of reconditioned injectors for a very cheap price (compared to new). I find its best to replace all 8.