how to change out the traction control switch on a 2005 grand prix

Pedro Abrego
0

Asked by Pedro Feb 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

I cannot turn off the traction control on my 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix.  When I hit the switch it doesn't feel like it's turning off or on.

Norm Davis
1,305

Chances are the switch is okay. Before you tear apart your dashboard, you need to check two things. One, make sure that the wires connected to the antilock (ABS) hubs on each wheel haven't corroded or come loose. I'm betting that's the real problem. If it is, and you can fix the wires/connections, go ahead and clear the code that keeping the light lit: http://www.ehow.com/how_7612064_reset-abs-pontiac-grand-prix.html. Secondly, the dash switch controls the ABS/traction module, which is easy to replace if it's bad. But I'm betting it's the hub wiring.