2004 Pontiac grand prix won't start but head lights and radio works makes no noise at all. Help

Linda Metcalf
0

Asked by Linda Apr 04, 2012 at 12:32 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2

2004 Pontiac grand prix it won't start makes no noise at all
but head lights work and radio. Whats causing it not to start?

Andrew Schenk
225

most likely the starter. locate it, give it a couple whacks with a hammer or even a piece of wood and try starting. This method only works a few times and eventually you will need a new starter. They typically last about 10 years.

Linda Metcalf
0

Thank you Andrew I'll give it a try.

pbjunkie86
305

before you go beating on the starter.check to see if your car is really in park. Put your car back into drive then back into park. There is a switch in your shifter that if not all the way in park will cut the power to the starter. If you do not hear any noise at all from the starter it may be a fuse . check these before you start beating on things.

trip65

try checking the connections on the battery make sure they're tight .

Richard Schroer
2,625

it can also be a key issue- if you have a 2nd set of keys, try those and see if you have the same problem.