I have a 2004 ponatic grand prix &&. my key is stuck in my ignition. One guy told me a needed a new key switch &&. other told me i needed a cylinder. Can someone who knows about cars help me out ?

Asked by Sharmaine91 Dec 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT1

make sure shifter is all the way in park, spray a little wd40 into the cylinder (where the key is)

Daniel Perron

make sure you are not fighting against the steering lock in the column. wiggle the steering and attempt to remove the key in the off position, making sure the car is in park. if that doesnt work, get a lock smith as he has the knowledge and the tools to reomve the key

Mike Kelley

If it is still stuck, as the previous two answers said, make sure the car is in park etc. but jiggle the steering wheel a little as you try to pull the key out.

This is a very common problem with G.M vehicles,I think someone else gave you the answer already,you need a new lock cylinder.I have just replaced one in a Chev Cobalt.You need the expertise of a lock smith,because the replacement cylinder comes empty you have to put the springs and wafers in your self. drdc