2002 Grand Prix GTP drained battery

davidsweehillbilly
5

Asked by davidsweehillbilly Jul 04, 2011 at 08:32 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

My 2002 Grand Prix GTP wakes up some mornings with a completely drained battery, battery is in excellent condition, grounding happening somewhere.  Does anyone have any ideas what to check first?  This is an intermittent problem.

papa

you got a short in the electrical system draining the battery,finding it is going to be a pita.if intermittent,i would start by haveing the starter checked & alt,voltage regulator is in it (alt)it may be bad.

Pontiacacacacac
105

I have an 02 GTP & I leave interior light on from the roller dial on dash or leave map light on or the trunk has to latched closed to get light to go out.

Bernard Cough II
225

start at your ignition switch, in the off position. if there is current in any of the wires, follow that amperage to your ground. if there is not, the problem exists between the switch and battery. that's the fastest way to narrow it down. so long as it's not human error...