My 02 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8 wont start. It turns over as if it's giong to start but won't idle.

b_gold
0

Asked by b_gold Feb 18, 2014 at 09:02 AM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

It turns over as if it's giong to start but won't idle & I get dash lights for low fuel, oil & battery althought the tank is full. I tried pumping the gas but it roars until I stop and then dies. About 6 months ago the shifter stopped working unless i push the shift lock release button to get it out of park and I've been driving it like that since. Some of the guys at work threw out the alternator, the fuel pump & the battery but we don't really know.

Norm Davis
2,725

Could be any number of issues - computer, ignition, fuel pressure, engine sensors. If you can post the OBD code it would help diagnose what's going on. The fact that the engine will run indicates that it's probably a fuel issue, or one of the emissions sensors.