How to tell if my 2002 Pontiac grand prix gt is super charged or a turbo on the engine it says 3800 series II V6

LoriGilbert
0

Asked by LoriGilbert Mar 05, 2013 at 01:55 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

dodgecummins
3,175

i might not be super charged or turbo charged but it any thing it would be super charged. if it like make a winning noise when it has high rpms it would be a supper charger and a turbo sound like a whistle.

Best Answer
Michael McGrail
4,515

If you have a GT then it was not factory supercharged. Plus the engine cover states that it is supercharged. Look in my car garage as I owned a GTP and have photos of it on there including the engine (supercharged 3800). 2nd: A turbo was not offered factory and it is very unlikely that anyone installed on on it.

Michael McGrail
4,515

Your engine would look like this if it were factory supercharged.

7jimmy7
9,385

always belt drivin sitting on top of engine s c

LoriGilbert
0

Thanks for all your answers n the picture n my engine is like that except doesn't say super charged

565

I hate to state the obvious, but the surest proof of all would be looking to see if there is an actual supercharger on the engine. It's easy to see. In the pic you can see the snout of the supercharger poking out from under the engine cover just back of the red coils. It's unlikely a GT is supercharged unless it has been modified. The supercharged ones are GTPs.