my 2000 pontiac grand prix gt has a service engine light on and it flashes 24 times upon acceleration i have changed the plugs and one coil pack whats is next

adamslover
0

Asked by adamslover Feb 15, 2014 at 12:51 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Rob Jones
85

a flashing check engine light indicates a misfire that could damage the catalytic converter. The vehicle may need to be hooked up to a scan tool to troubleshoot your misfire.

45,505

Have your codes read. This will lead you to to your issue. Your local auto parts store will do this for free. Also I do not advice driving with a flashing check engine light.