car starts and runs for about 30 seconds

Cyr1136
0

Asked by Cyr1136 Mar 09, 2009 at 09:48 AM about the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 Dr GTP Supercharged Sedan

it will start no problem and run for about 30 seconds and loose the fuel pump signal, as soon as thew engine dies the 48 psi returns,  turn the key and the cycle starts all over, have allready replaced the ballast resistor.

George Boyd
175

its possible your fuel lines somhow got air in them and it is locking up because of it, however it is also possible that your fuel sensor is failing, there are alot of possibilities. i would take it up to the nearest goodyear or other mechanical shop. i say goodyear because i trust the one in my town with just about anything, though it may not be the same where you are

Craig Radnich
105

its your fuel pressure resistor, its a white u looking piece under the passenger side fender well, mine went out on my Regal GS and and it did the same exact thing. 52 dollars pfyc.com