filling the radiator with coolant

Muscle_Man1
30

Asked by Muscle_Man1 Jun 19, 2011 at 08:53 PM about the 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr SE Coupe

Hi, i have had to replace the water pump on my 1995 Grand Prix SE with a 3.1L motor, there is a sticker by the radiator cap that says that there is a certain way to fill this system or there could be damage done to the motor if filling of the system is not done correctly and to read the Owners manual or a repair book for info. on how to fill the radiator correctly!!
Well I do not have the Owners Manual and the Chiltons book that I have for this car doesnt say anything about a certain way to fill the radiator, I am wondering if anyone out there has the info. on the proper way to fill the radiator...the motor does run about 100 drg. warmer now before the fan will come on and I do not want to ruin this motor!! thanks to everyone/anyone who can help!!

Seth Stultz
65

on the hose going from the radiator to the motor. the house from the top of the radiator. follow that till it get to its fitting in the thermostat housing conecter tube that you will have to take out that screw i beleive it to be a 7/32 torx head out and then add all the fluid and then allow it to cycle a few times and then you will be fine to run the motor.