I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT that has sat for 2 years, what will I need to do to get the car road worthy?

nightridernikki
0

Asked by nightridernikki Nov 18, 2013 at 04:27 PM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

12,815

Check the tires, ball joints, tie rod ends and parts like that should be in the same condition it was left in, the gas tank may have to be cleaned as well as the rest of the fuel system. Oil change, may need a coolant flush, maintenance stuff and the fuel system should cover it, unless fuel stabilizer was added before it was stored, may need a battery unless it was unplugged.

nightridernikki
0

I was thinking I would need to flush the transmission, along with doing a full tune up and oil change on the car. Plus changing the brakes and replacing battery. Does that about cover it?

12,815

Transmission fluid should be sealed so it should be fine, the tuneup shouldn't be needed either unless it was needed when it was parked and same goes for the brakes, battery may need replaced if it was left hooked up, have it tested first though.