Why is my Service Vehicle Light soon light on??

Drea1984
15

Asked by Drea1984 Jan 24, 2011 at 03:58 PM about the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am 4 Dr SE Sedan

I have a 99 grand am..my SVS light came on, and it seems like it came on after my trac off light came on after i slid a little on ice. Any ideas on what it can be?? My car is very well taken care of. I just want to know what this light means..

Ozzie Carothers
275

the Trac off light means your traction control isn't working (or you clicked the button to turn it off), I'm guessing the service vehicle light came on because of the problem with the traction control. If you took it in to get scanned and got the codes I could help a whole lot more. Most part stores will let you plug in the scanner (at least around here they do)

Arthur Reynolds
15

Wheel Bearing!!

45,915

The SVS light comes on when there is a light bulb out and when the gas cap is loose. If it comes on with the Trac Off and ABS lights, it indicates that a wheel sensor is bad or the connection is bad. You can get the those codes read at a dealer. The scanners at the parts stores only show the codes related to the SES (Service Engine Soon) light. Simple scanners don't read the BCM (Body Control Module) codes. Check out the GAOwnerClub site for more detailed information.

Danny Sanchez
45

Does your car overheat?