turn signals dont work on my 93 oldsmobile cutlass supreme hazards do

murphy0127
0

Asked by murphy0127 Apr 24, 2013 at 04:35 PM about the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr S Sedan

I already changed fuses and bulbs.

133,515

My bet it's the turn signal flasher. Your car uses one for the turn signals, one for the Hazards.

39,295

Locate your flasher for the turn signals and remove it, install a jumper wire in it's place, turn on ignition and then turn signal, if the light come on then it is the flasher, if not then it is your turn signal switch or a broken wire in the turn signal power circuit. Hope this helps.

1,885

And good luck finding that flasher. Hint: It's up under the dash to the right of the steering column, kind of half way between the steering column and the radio in a location barely accessible to the average human. Why some care designer thought that would be a good place for it is beyond me.

You think this is helpful.
shelbytrynn
0

actually I am replacing mine right now and they are behind the glove box. Most commonly cars have them next to each other, to find them easier though you should turn the car off and put on your hazards and listen for the ticking sound. once you find the location start seeing if you can reach them without having to take apart your dash. good luck