low idle and sputtering

bigmarv71
0

Asked by bigmarv71 Jul 07, 2009 at 10:51 PM about the 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4WD

I have a 2000 montero sport xls 4wd it has started to idle real low and evently die. When I turn my a/c on it is fine but as soon as I turn my a/c off it starts to idle real low again what could cause this??

Mike Bonnell
5,625

Sounds like an IDLE SPEED CONTROL motor - Does it start tough on cold starts too. Could be carboned up, also the throttle body should be cleaned of carbon when the IAC motor is replaced - Good Luck

rr241
10

I have the same problem it started happening after the battery died and toook the car a long time to start, how do i de carbon it