Something to share about Cleaning your convertible top.

73,375

Asked by dandyoun Apr 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS Spyder

Wife's convertible top has always had issues with dust and cat hair.  It's been hard to get
the cat hair off with just a normal cleaning.  I know get rid of the cats right.  but that's not
going to happen cause she loves her cats and they tend to keep snakes out of the yard.  
Today i used a clothes lint roller on her top and in less than five minutes it looked as
good as new.  Has not looked this good since she bought it.

judge_roy

"sticky buddy" is a good one too, cause it washes clean...your Detroit Michigan style has paper that quickly fills up with a longhair cat~ will gobble that style up in a couple of minutes~ Michael Moore talked about the company responsible for this item (before the chinese got there)~

Racer_X
17,235

LOL! Just wondering how cat hair accumulated in the ragtop. I've got a long hair cat, but she hates riding or being in my car (convertible) or either of the SUV's my GF and I own. Does the cat crawl up in there to take a nap when the top's down in the spring/summer??

73,375

Oh no. They think its their personal bedding area. The soft spot on top in the middle between the two supports. (Top up). When I home I usually lightly spray top with water hose and they won't sleep on it. But I only here on weekends. So they have all week to sleep like kings and queens.

judge_roy

We've got four now: three tabbies, Conetail Purrkins, Scrumpey (greepy, the black one), Fluffu kitty (most puffy, high maintenance) and brother Jeffers (snifferton, always gets into a fight) used to have a fifth tabby, but he got feline leukemia, and was no fun at all, only a bullet from a rifle would make this one at ease~ (paid neighor rob $20 for the job)...yes indoor.outdoor cats need apply only, used to have an apartment cat who did not know to dig a hole, do the do and cover up in a most sanitary fashion, but proceeded to smell the house up daily-- -good riddence! all four will use the cat door and would never think of marking up the house with urine~

73,375

Lost count how many she has. She takes in all the strays. Might call her the neighborhood cat lady. Most are the six toed version. Little cats with big a$$ feet. Got to love cat people. As my jack Russell loves to chase them.

judge_roy

as click and clack call the "the Jack Daniels Terrier"~

judge_roy

big funky beach towel over the affected area~...one of those souvenir 'can' towels with an atrocious faded print on it~

Racer_X
17,235

Wow...Guess I got lucky compared to you two guys! We have one cat, Sasha, she's a real beauty...a Himilayan Siamese mix and a well behaved (for the most part) indoor cat. She doesn't pee or poop on the floors or carpets, but has an odd desire to chew grass, during the brief time we do let her outside for fresh air ...Won't let her inside my Miata, her back claws would destroy my leather seats...LOL!

73,375

Oh yes you lucky. Neighbor has a Siamese cat. That thing is meaner than all the dogs around here. Lol

judge_roy

finding a rotting bird or lizard...toad...ground vole underneath the bed, emitting "decomp" smell, makes for a restless night of sleep~ with four goin' in and out, occasionally can save a hummingbird's life, but mostly are predators and enjoy toyin' with creatures lower on the food chain~ runtie (deceased) and bear-bear (native american walk never to be seen again)

Jetfan8893
35

I have a thick roll of masking tape that I use about an 8 inch strip and just pat the roof wherever there is lint or "fuzzies" that are in the air. Top just keeps looking new.