Eclipse clutch and flywheel replacement...my gear fluid is foamy????

Mary Ramirez
45

Asked by Mary Jan 26, 2009 at 12:36 AM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 2 Dr GS Convertible

I just replaced the clutch and flywheel in my 1999 eclipse spyder.  Everything went fine until we turned it on and it made a grindy noise.  We took it around the block and it drove fine and the clutch felt great but the noise didn't stop.  Pulled it back into the garage and let out some of the fluid from the tranny and it was foamy and bubbly.

It was bled properly and everything is install 100% correctly....any ideas as to what the hell's going wrong?

Seth-Tabitha Hagen
595

Did you have to add/remove any transmission fluid? Usually, foamy fluid is caused by an overfilled transmission. Did the noise ever go away, or is it still there? Raise the front wheels off the ground on a lift (or jack stands) and put the car in gear. run the car with the wheels off the ground. this will help you narrow down where the noise is coming from. The noise may or may not be related to the foamy fluid.

Mary Ramirez
45

Looks like I have a tranny for a turbo in the non turbo....so the throw out bearing was different....

Seth-Tabitha Hagen
595

Cool, so all is well now? Did you get the right release bearing?

Zachery Rittenhouse
15

make sure you didnt forget the put the spacing plate back in. i'm not sure if your car has this but it never hurts to check.