35-45mph in overdrive it slipps out of gear. Stop put in park back into drive, take off and trans. slipps.

Glynn Blanchard
30

Asked by Glynn May 02, 2013 at 09:34 PM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder 2 Dr GS-T Turbo Convertible

judge_roy

the transmission mounts are my first thought...my next thought is take a look see at the fluid, is it brown, black or cherry red, is the level low, is it sweating out red fluid at the flexible junction?

Best Answer
Glynn Blanchard
30

Is there any easy fix?

Glynn Blanchard
30

Motor& trans mounts seem very worn, the fluid is brownish.

judge_roy

to the mounts, yes just need a wrench a big floorjack and the replacement transmission mounts. you might check the condition and pry at them with a big screwdriver to see if this is the thing what's causing the fuss~

judge_roy

take it to a transmission shop and have them replace the fluid, filter and this mount~

judge_roy

possibly the motor tooo, is it supple or cracked?

Glynn Blanchard
30

Thanks for your time and knowledge . Peace

judge_roy

matched your 20 reputation points with 30...so there....mwahhh~