how do I replace the BlendAire actuator on my 2004 Grand Marquis... It only blows hot air. Is it possible to move door to cold side only and block it to have cooling & no heating???

nopal8
20

Asked by nopal8 Feb 09, 2013 at 09:45 AM about the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate

Unit stays on hot side only and checks out to be actuator problem... Appears to be very labor intensive to replace... Would like to block it to always be on cool side as we live where heater is not needed...

judge_roy

The blend door is a function of the engine. It opens up when operating temperature is reached. It's only purpose in life is to let preheated air be used, from the stove kit on your exhaust manifold. Why this should be of concern to you, not certian. if your vehicle is taking to long to come up to operating temerature, the blend door need to be looked at. I'd concern myself with the stove kit and connecting pipe, more so than the blend door. if you've got bad heat, would look to the thermostat being stuck open first.

nopal8
20

We are talking about Automatic Temp. Control inside vehicle. 2004 Marquis doe's not have heat stove on X manifold...

judge_roy

Okay then, we must ask why aren't the signals to open getting through. If you put a new one in, the same result~ if it's tubing that fell off or is cracked, inspect. If you've got a suction instrument, a turkey baster might work, to actuate manually, then inspect, you can see if this unit is bad, rather than the thing what gives it instruction.