I have a 1999 grand marquis n My heater seem to blow heat when I'm driving but it's really not pushing heat out n I just change the blower motor

Mar0532
25

Asked by Mar0532 Mar 21, 2013 at 07:30 PM about the 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr LS Sedan

judge_roy

You seem to have solved your own problem, I dare say--- You could check coolant level and thermostat behavior as it relates to engine temperature~ Seem like it's easy to get to? a lot of these are conveniently bascially c-flange arrangements and only take a moment to replace. Tell me that this is one of those easy to replace models....else will be turning to u-tube with checkered results-

45,725

It could be a worn water pump that is not circulating the coolant at low engine speeds.

judge_roy

loogout! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja4dAjFk5Jk

judge_roy

I cannot contain myself from laughing at the vid that tenspeed had us watch with regard to moto mounts----hey, I've met this guy. I know ths guy. Drove a yellow cab thru the core when time was I had to- and lived Downtown Oakland for fifteen years.

Mar0532
25

Judge Roy I have already change out the blower

Mar0532
25

No I don't kno that is to b honest

judge_roy

it's a resistor pack, if it burns out will leave you with the condition you're describing exactly---lemme come up with an example you can take to the bank...er um autoparts store~

judge_roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x9jUYyEWhk

Mar0532
25

I'm check this out in am

Mar0532
25

Where would this piece be at

judge_roy

look at that stupid video shows how easy, just have to feel comfortable rippin apart your dash...it's easy once you gather the courage!

judge_roy

rarwrawr rip and tear, bruno, rip and tear!

judge_roy

It is located on a flat on the plenum...yes that's what it's called, a plenum~ it's made of tough plastic.

45,725

If all of your blower fan speeds work, your resister is good.