I have a 1999 Grand Marquis/LS and I have one issue that I need some help understanding. My car hums for about a minute then it kills but starts right back up like it never happened. Does anyone out there have a clue to what that could be. It's been put on a machine and the only thing came up was an oxygen sensor,replaced that and it still hums.

Sanoma27
0

Asked by Sanoma27 Dec 03, 2012 at 07:07 AM about the 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr LS Sedan

TonytheWoodsman
755

It hums because it doesn't know the lyrics. Just kidding. I think there may be something in the air intake system that is sticking shut.

joef
2,985

It sounds like it is your idle air controller! These fail very commonly in all different types of ways. I would replace it. It is a cheap part!

Best Answer
Sanoma27
0

Thanks that's very helpful!!