Posted a few days ago about a reasonable repair cost for new fuel pump my '96 merc. grand marquis. Had it replaced ($430) and problem still exists. Intermittent starting (about every 7-10 days) it won't start up/turn over. It cranks fine, but just won't start. Checked crank and cam sensors, fuses. No problems/codes come up on Scanner. Could it be IAC valve or an electrical problem. Mechanic thought it was the fuel pump. Appreciate ANY thoughts/ideas/suggestions.

Onevoice
0

Asked by Onevoice Feb 01, 2013 at 02:38 PM about the 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr LS Sedan

judge_roy

look to your fuel pressure regulator. it is located on the fuel intake manifold. It is probably out of adjustment.