Is there a common fuse which controls the seat adjustments and door locks?

jscheckler
95

Asked by jscheckler Apr 14, 2013 at 02:05 PM about the 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature

Both the seat adjustment and electric locks stopped working today.  Is there a mutual fuse I need to replace?

62,805

It sounds like they are both powered from the same fuse.

62,805

I see a separate fuse for each seat (108 & 117) on this underhood fuse box diagram. http://www.p71.ca/Crownvic.net-forums/1920429/03-04tcENGfuses.jpg

62,805

It could be just one seat. I don't know if they checked both seats. The locks aren't listed in the underhood directory so they're probably in the interior box. It could be a coincidence that they are both out at the same time. They shouldn't share a common ground either.

jscheckler
95

I found the problem! There were two fuse links under the hood which had blown.

62,805

That would do it. Any idea why they blew? Is it going to happen again?

judge_roy

Yay, not seein' double~

jscheckler
95

No real idea why they blew (it rained recently, but this has never happened before). I suppose when it rains again I'll know if there's a real issue to deal with. I've had the car 6 yrs now with no major problems. It was weird because it was both seats and all power door lock switches which were affected (I'd checked all the fuses in the passenger compartment and they were good.)

judge_roy

look for a scrubbed off vinyl insulation on where a wire may have some abrasion, could be the trunk wires to the courtesy bulb, could be the courtesy bulb on the hood (If you've got one), could be the seat belt interlocks to the stupid warning bell and light, could be any number of places where one might have wires in the equation of physical interaction.

Ruti
10

Hi, I have the same problems but I checked all fuses ok, please other suggestions.

Joshua Nickolson
10

i have the same promblem and fuses and all are ok but seats,door locks,or trunk lid wont work