WHO CAN SET BACK THE DRIVER SEAT FOR ME? I AM 6 FT. 6 IN AND NEED MORE LEG ROOM.

THADDEUS
0

Asked by THADDEUS Feb 16, 2013 at 07:19 PM about the 2002 Lincoln Town Car Cartier L

SHOPS CONTACTED SAY "NO" BECAUSE OF UNSPECIFIED SAFETY REASONS.

THADDEUS
0

Not helpful because doing a good job is more important than "ain't worth nothing" tjk

Racer_X
13,265

You just might have to find some small shop that "flying under the radar" and will accept cash ONLY and is also not willing to accept responsibility, if seat becomes dislodged somehow, possibly causing an accident. I can understand WHY most shops are telling you No...it's a potential lawsuit for them, if they agree to do the work.

Best Answer
THADDEUS
0

THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Racer_X
13,265

You're welcome :) Good luck in getting someone to do the work for you! Whoever does it won't want a paper trail leading back to them (I guessing any way). This is why I made the "Cash Only" remark before. However, this does beg a question: Why did you buy it if the seating position was uncomfortable for you?

limmoman
395

Sell you 02 and get a newer model year that has adjustable pedals. But, I'm 6' and even with the pedals forward my knee usually rests against the ash tray and that's slightly uncomfortable. With all the electronics under the seat, like sensors for the restraint systems and side airbags, I doubt the seat can be safely moved. I think you are just going to have to grin and bear it.

THADDEUS
0

History: My dimensions (6'6"/325 lbs) long legs make every vehicle a compromise. I was hurt in a front-end crash w/1991 TC. Did not have driver seat set-back. My 2001 TC did and in January, I crashed on Indiana I-94 ice. Seat set-back/belts saved me because bags did not deploy. The shop that did that work is no longer in business. The 2002 Cartier-L is bigger/stronger/better and I seek to set the seat back (safely) about 3 inches. that would be perfect. Now, knees are 1" from the dash. I can live with current length limitation but would like a safety margin "just in case."

limmoman
395

Sounds like you have a tough problem, good luck.

THADDEUS
0

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. THERE ARE SEAT TRACK KITS FOR FORD'S MUSTANG BUT NO OTHERS. SURPRISING! THE T.C. HAS F/R HEATED SEATS, BACK SEAT RADIO CONTROLS, BUILT IN TELEPHONE, FLIP DOWN COSMETIC MIRRORS, GREAT AMENITIES. THE S CLASS M-B HAS A LONGER SEAT TRACK BUT POOR QUALITY CONTROL.