I have a 99' Lincoln Town Car, with 94,000 miles, its starting to have hesitation, now the service engine soon light is on. What could be the cause.

Takingsome
0

Asked by Takingsome Feb 09, 2013 at 06:55 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

124,065

Any number of things. Do you want to try fixing it yourself? If so, get the codes scanned an any local auto parts store for free and post the code back here. Since your SEL is on, there is a code stored in the ECM. Start asking questions and do some research online. If you rather not bother with that, nor do you have time, take it to a local mechaninc so they can fix it for you.

limmoman
525

There are so many different things that could cause hesitation that your best bet is to have a qualified mechanic check it out. And, it just might need a tuneup. Plugs should be replaced every 100,000 miles and at the same time check the coil packs. With 94K miles, your LTC is just a baby and you will get many more miles out of it with proper care.