is there a ford recall on a leaking intake manifold...99 town car?

kyoung_1999
0

Asked by kyoung_1999 Jan 09, 2013 at 02:28 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature

any estimate of cost to repair?

17,105

No there is no recall. it depends on if its the gasket leaking or the intake its self. gaskets are inexpensive but the intake from the dealer is about 5 or 600 bucks aftermarket intakes are cheaper but i dont know how much

Andrew Foilb
55

They all that on the 4.6 liter motor's no cheap way to fix it however if it's just a broken bolt you may have some luck with a good welder. If you plan to keep the car buy OEM parts if not just buy the cheap one's...

limmoman
445

There is a recall but your car might have been fixed already. The neck where the radiator hose attaches to the manifold is prone to crack on these early models. The fix is a new manifold with a metal neck. At first, ford offered the recall on livery models only, then eventually all models. Your local dealer would have to check records to see if you already have the new manifold of still need the recall. I had this done on my "98" and later my "99".

17,105

whats the vin number for the vehicle? i will run it to see if there is a recall

limmoman
445

BTW, this was an unadvertised recall so there might not be a service bulletin about it. Ford tried to keep this problem from the public for many years. Someone finally sued Ford to get them to change their mind. Your local dealer should know about it. My 98 wasn't a livery model and I ended up paying for the repair, A year later, when I found out Ford changed their mind I had to apply to the dealer for reimbursement. You have to keep an eye out on these dealers, I won't say they are sneaky, but they don't always go out of their way to service the public.

17,105

a service bulletin and a recall are two different things. There are no service bulletins on the issue ive checked and I'm gonna guess there is no recall. If it doesn't show up when you run a oasis report (the reason i need the vin number so i can do so) for that issue as either a recall or a bulletin it does not exist. If it is not listed anywhere as having been a recall or a bulletin at one time then it cannot be run under warranty and ford pay for it.

limmoman
445

Well, maybe kyoung_1999 will get back to you with that number so you can check that out.

richmondsteppers
30

I recently recieved a 98 lincoln town car for chirsitmas. This morning I woke up to water in my back seat and water inside the front windshield. Can you check my vin to see if there is a recal Kbro.

17,105

i can but i dont think there is a recall for that but i would be glad to run it and see

markeeta
20

hello i got i lincolin tn car im trying to sell and i dont want to sell it if the intake part is low price

copterdoct1
10

the extended recall ended in 07 as far as I know but they are showing up for around 250 on line and easy change