i have a 99 town car executive. it was running fine for a year it has 250000 highway miles on it.It recently got missfire codes,i changed all 8 plugs and a ignition coil on #7.After that it seam to run a lil ruff for a couple weeks and after rain or snow in the mornings its was a hard start a few days later did not start at all! I couldnt get it to start for about a week,all fuses tested good,i can hear the fule pump kick on,air filter is clean.I changed the crankshaft sensor still no start then i put a camshaft sensor in and boom started right up.thought all was good till two days later No start again!! i gues i am not getting a spark at all cranks great just no spark or start.Can it be the Ignition control module or what??? Please help

benprince
0

Asked by benprince Jan 10, 2013 at 06:14 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive

see question

limmoman
305

Once you start having to replace coil packs, its usually prudent to replace all of them. At 250K miles, your in a period of the cars life where a lot of parts will be waring out. Have you replaced the alternator yet? Also, the cooling fan motor will need to be replaced soon if it hasn't been. But, the good news is that after you get through this period, you can expect many more miles of maintenance free driving. I know fellow limo guys who drive their car well into 500K miles. Good luck.