power seat 99 Town Car executive makes rattling noise at end of retract cycle

kdhiime
0

Asked by kdhiime Mar 25, 2012 at 01:53 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Seat moves forward backward seamlessly, tilt fine, up and down fine, but when I shut off the ignition switch and it retracts at the very end of the cycle it rattles for about 3-5seconds.  I don't see anything under the seat and notice a mettle bar on outside driver seat that is quivering causing the rattling sound.  Any idea what could be causing this?

aztec626bf
7,245

The metal bar could be the guide rail that the seat runs front to back on. If you grab the seat by the back support and try to move it from side to side (passengers side to drivers side) you should only get a small amount of movement. Do this again only moving from front to back... same thing small amount of play. Its hard to say for sure but you could have loose bolts from seat to rail. You can disable the auto seat back if you don"t need it.