ac/heataer blend door actuator

mrlimpy
0

Asked by mrlimpy Feb 05, 2013 at 05:59 PM about the 1996 Lincoln Town Car Cartier

where is it located?  Do I have to pull the dash?

45,615

I don't know where it is but I'm pretty sure Ford is not dumb enough to design it so you have to remove the dash for service. Look in the center around the heater core area - the doors are there.

7jimmy7
9,385

woh! do you hear a clicking like the things trying, but overiding something?maby a pen or pencil ,a mouse in the works? I did one! pulled the dash, and plastic panels enough to make another lincoln,vac hoses everywere,notebook notes,fixed it 98%anyway, my own car good thing cuz was never like factory job,never do another i hope

judge_roy

Personally, the hardest time I've ever had is changing out a GEO metro heat exchanger. Had to take it ALL apart. Another is Volvo, as if they started with the heat exchanger, then built the car around it! You may have an easier time with just the blend door. Often we used to just cut holes to access, then duct tape the opening...just a thought!

judge_roy

you may just look at the actuating lever, perhaps the ring end has snapped or stud has cracked-

judge_roy

Lincoln...pretty sure a sheetmetal panel on the firewall can be un-bolted to expose the xchanger-