1995 cartier dies when stopping or turning with ac on why is this

cartier95
0

Asked by cartier95 Aug 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Town Car Cartier

car runs fine other than when turning into somewhere then it dies, but cranks back with no trouble has anyone else had this problem. the car has been very well maintained. it has 120000 miles on it now. ive changed fuel filter, plugs, but it seems not to idle back up when decreasing speed and turning with ac on.

Christopher Paden
2,295

Does it stall while in park if you turn the wheel or turn the ac on, or only in drive? My first item to check would the the IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve. Remove it, clean it with carb cleaner and re-install. Get back to me on the above questions though.

cartier95
0

I hope you got my reply to you im new at this and dont know if it went through or not

cartier95
0

hey christopher, i had went by the dealership to tqlk to a friend about this problem and he also told me about the IAC valve, I replaced it, and it works fine now. but man was it a job to get this thing off, and back on again. but the problem is solved. thanks for the reply.

Christopher Paden
2,295

Glad to hear it worked!