Trunk motor just stopped working...is it expensive to fix? Trunk won't completely close.

donnaqueen123
0

Asked by donnaqueen123 Sep 04, 2008 at 11:20 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature

We have been meticulous with using dealership for all servicing and repairs but we still owe over $1000 on last repairs and are getting frustrated and broke. This car has about 110,000 miles on it. We have owned since 57,000 miles and it was garage kept by an elderly couple, a Judge, priorto our purchase. Overall a great car that we want to keep. Thanks, Donna in Florida

Michael McGrail
4,515

Easy to replace. Should only be 3 or 4 bolts. Best bet would be to look on ebay for the best deal. Your local auto parts store should carry (or be able to order) a reman unit. Not to sure on the cost, but when I replaced the one in my GTA it costed me just under a hundred bucks.

Idris Elbekkali
0

Replace the latch mounted to the lid. About a 15 min labor and cost me $91 at the dealer ( with the mechanic 20% discount)