Oil Filter Housing

netmom101
30

Asked by netmom101 Mar 19, 2011 at 09:31 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

How do I remove the device/part the oil filter mounts to? Does anyone know the name of this item? My husband calls it a manifold, but it doesn't match any manifold in repair manual.

Jeff Leeper

Its called an oil filter mount, it is 1 solid piece with the lower radiator inlet. you have a few bolts and a fitting to remove to take it off.

netmom101
30

Thanks, got it off a few minutes. Oil has been pouring out of car, from just below oil filter, so wanted to replace gasket.

Jeff Leeper

you're welcome.