The display from my radio is "SAFE." How do I find the code to remove the SAFE mode?

samuelG
20

Asked by samuelG Nov 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM about the 1997 Audi A4 1.8T

The radio will not operate in the SAFE mode. Please help

samuelG
20

Thank you for contacting the Audi Customer Experience Center regarding the radio code for you 1997 A4. Please accept this written reply. In order to remove the vehicles radio from SAFE mode, you will need to enter the correct radio code. We are able to provide you with the code however in order to do so we will need the VIN as well as the AUZ number which is a 14 character alphanumeric number stamped on the radio housing. The radio will need to be removed from the vehicle in order to view this number. The number will always begin with AUZ followed by 11 other numbers and letters. Once you have this information you can contact us directly to obtain the radio code. If you are unable to retrieve the AUZ number you will need to inquire with your local Audi dealer as they will have the means to obtain the code using special equipment in the service department. I can be reached at the Audi Customer Experience Center at 877-615-2834 Monday – Sunday 8AM to 11PM Eastern Standard Time once you have the required information. If I am not available at the time of your call, simply provide the reference number listed above to any of my peers so that they can assist you directly. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.

kacique_27
30

The display from my radio is "daré" how do i find the code to remuve the safe mode?

kacique_27
30

The car is a Audi a4 1.8 1999