Lexus ES300 Changed the Battery and will not start

GK2013
80

Asked by GK2013 Feb 18, 2013 at 07:27 PM about the 2003 Lexus ES 300 Base

Battery was getting week, so I changed the battery. Now the car will not turn over and will not start. Is
there a reset or security systems reset that is preventing the car from starting? Brand new battery and
new battery tested fine.

68,035

Shouldn't be any reset. Possible your not getting fuel. Do you hear the fuel pump prime?, check for fuel pressure.

GK2013
80

Thanks Tom. This is GK2013 again. I need to provide more detail. The starter does not turn one degree of revolution, the solenoid does not click or chatter. It is as if the starter has been removed from the car. No turning and no sounds. Please respond, thank you in advance.

abhineupane
90

I have the same problem mentioned above. It was a cold morning and my car would not start. I thought it was the problem with battery. I changed it. It worked for couple of days and again problem. Autozone diagnosed it having problem with alternator or voltage regulator. Alternator was replaced a couple of months ago. I towed my ES300 to Kunilexus. It is diagnosed problem with starter. They are charging me $610 for replacing the starter. I think I am charged too high. I don't know to replace it myself. I am helpless.

rockajean
110

2 weeks ago I tried starting my Lexus 300ES 2002-it was completely dead-wouldn't turn over at all--after finding out it wasn't the battery but the 120A cartridge fuse was blown--finally got it replaced-so now the car starts but the theft detention system won't let me drive--I've tried multiple times to reset the system--does anyone have an idea of what else I can try

Lanre Olukolu Ibrahim
20

For not starting in the cold morning it might be the cold start switch

Yasir Rahat
0

Sorry. ....