my car only shifts into first when it wants to it usually starts out into 2nd gear what can i do to help it run smoother and start in 1st gear

dcchurchill34
0

Asked by dcchurchill34 Feb 15, 2013 at 02:27 PM about the 1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro

judge_roy

transmission fluid check, if topping it to the correct level doesn't fix it, recommend a tranny fluid and filter changes package for you-

dcchurchill34
0

Are you sure because sometimes if I start it up and I switch to manual it didn't read then I turn off the car start it back up it'll be good but will eventually go back to just running second

judge_roy

is your transmission fluid brown? verrry suspicious.

judge_roy

bwoakay, it's an audi with a clever switcher-dealie got it. this thing is givin' you trouble. Go back in under warranty and have it serviced.