Power Steering Hose leak

Overton1922
0

Asked by Overton1922 Aug 05, 2011 at 07:21 PM about the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD

How do you break the line free from the bottom of the cooling system when changing the power steering hose? The line leaks up on top at the connection to the pump, but can't break it free at the bottom for the life of me

Chris McGee
2,755

Does the jeep have the hydraulic fan assembly? If so try some pb blaster on the fitting let it sit for atleast 4 hours. Try again, no secret to these just exremely stubborn fittings. Be careful not to break it it's a little expensive. Also if it does have the hydraulic assembly make sure you use the correct fluid it is NOT power steering fluid and all air must be bleed out or engine overheat will accur.