Stuck in part time

Jonathan Vincent
35

Asked by Jonathan Feb 08, 2012 at 11:46 AM about the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition 4WD

My 2004 grand cherokee freedom edition is actin odd... I was driving in 4wd because of a
recent snowstorm but when i put it back in two wheel drive a light on the dash said its in part
time....

Cameron Keane
55

i have a 2000 WJ 4x2 but is part time like 4wd low or something?

Mike Jee
235

some models have an automatic traction control system that will put in 4 part time and if thats not the issue then you have a problem with you trnsfercase,,

myjeep8
5

if you do not have the vehicle manual, you can download it directly off of jeeps website. there are some 4wd systems that operate in full time 4wd and some that do not. hope this helps!

Jonathan Vincent
35

Thanks!! Ill check out my manual

Seth Bruns
435

If in doubt of whether to use part time vs full time, always use full time. Part time and Lo are only for conditions such as heavy snow, ice, and offroading. If you use either of them on pavement you can and eventually will ruin the transfer case. However, your saying that you move the lever into 2wd but the indicator still says part time?

Emptypockets
10

No answer to the above question. I have the same problem. Part time still stays lit in my dash, but I am in 2 wheel drive. Transfer case and all gears are working properly. I pulled the Indicator Switch on the transfer case and tested it out. Seem to work flawlessly. What is the problem