i may b e purchasing a 1997 jeep grand cherokee laredo the gentleman said there were 100,000 miles on it he replaced few parts are there any parts that can be replaced that would make the odometer read higher that it actually is

shellie
0

Asked by shellie Feb 17, 2013 at 01:15 PM about the 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Racer_X
11,905

Are you for REAL?? How many damn times are you going to ask this question, Sparky?

13,165

Wheels, tires, rear axle, transmission, and the speedometer itself. HTH. -Jim

Jesse Brouse
595

100,000 miles on a '97? That does seem quite low... but my 2004 Jeep has 125,000 so that's the only reason I say that. If your asking if its possible to "reduce the numbers on the odometer" then yes. I know of a few ways its possible, as Js08016 has already mentioned they are also likely. I'd check into CarFax and get more detailed information.

Nick Reese
15

He could have replaced the gauge-cluster with one with less miles but by law in my state you must go to the DMV and register it as such with them ask to see the title

13,165

That's right Nick. Also Federal Law requires that, if the replacement odometer can't be re-set to match the old odometer, a sticker must be affixed to the driver's door pillar showing the mileage of the old odometer as well as the date of replacement and the mileage on the new/replacement odometer. These stickers can be bought at your local dealer's parts department. HTH. - Jim

7jimmy7
9,395

over 10 years old as it is ,voids gov odo law and gov trumps all states inc calif