Dies as I am going down the road

Kandrew
0

Asked by Kandrew Nov 25, 2008 at 10:30 AM about the 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

It dies as I am going down the road. It sometimes backfires. It acts like it is not getting gas. I put it in Neutral and coast . After about 30 sec or less it will start. I have replacen the crankangke sensor,Temp Sensor,Fuel Pump,MAP sensor, Ignition Coil. Did a complete tune up.

Help please.

jaguar72
130

I have a 97 also and it is doing the same thing.No check engine light,but it shuts off and then it starts again.I replaced the coil,had it in the shop couldnt find the trouble.Maybe some will answer with a cure.

auditech16
70

Check the wires coming from the engine control unit(passenger side)the wires can rub against the a/c lines and cause a short and make the computer flip out.Good Luck!!

jho
200

BAD GROUNDS GUYS Find them

Jesb
0

I have a 97 as well. Mine did the same thing. It was the ECM. Electronic Computer Module.