No one can figure out 95 jeep grand cherokee problem

James Luthe
0

Asked by James Jun 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM about the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD

i have a 95 jeep grand cherokee limited with a 5.2L V-8 and for about 8 months i have been having the problem of where after driving for about 10 miles my jeep will start jerking and the RPMs go low and the jeep like shakes then it takes off and drives normal for a few seconds then does it again... i have replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, tps, iac, fuel filter, tested fuel pressure while normal and while it is acting up and it has constant pressure of 42 PSI, tested map sensor, both crank and cam sensors, removed and cleaned the ecm and  pcm and still have not fixed this problem oh also occasionally my display on the message center goes out and everytime when i first start it and put my foot on the brake it shows that the tail lights are out and have checked them and they all work properly even when brakes are applied.. what is wrong?????????

tommcmanis
2,805

Check ecm connections ecm may need flashed see your jeep dealer

14,205

Any trouble codes in memory? Have you checked the sync generator in the distributor?

thejeepdoctor
1,465

be sure all the bulbs are correct and they are ALL working. the sys. looks at resistance of the bulbs.center brake lamp bulbs are 921. tryunplugging egr valve and see what happens. rear of eng. pass.side

Dezarae Reed
10

I have a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee as well. Just bought it off a car lot (know the person but they don't service the enginges too well). I have only had this since February 20th & I have ran into all sorts of chaos. My speedometer doesn't work (can't tell how fast ur going) milage doesn't work. Needs a tune up. Message board cuts on & off when it wants to. Says rear lamp failure. Then said lo part time and full time. Whatever that may be. My husband bought me this vehicle thinking that it would be a good car for me. I like it. But I'm finding myself everytime behind the wheel in a panic attack. My heart races and I wonder if I'm gonna be stranded on the side of the road with two kids. It's a big headache. It's costing more to fix it than I actually paid for it. The sensor is jimmy rigged. Not even connected right. So I have been told that that part will have to come from the dealer. When I back up...it sounds like I am dragging something. But when I stop there's nothing there. I don't know much about cars. But this is ridiculous!!