Car will not start after engine gets hot

Jayson73
5

Asked by Jayson73 Sep 23, 2007 at 12:12 PM about the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

The problem originally started by dying on the freeway thus I had  a friend that said it was the crankshaft position sensor once he had changed it. the vehicle had started right up. After a day it did the same thing. Then I took it to a jeep specialist they said it was also the crankshaft position sensor but the aftermarket sensor i used was probably the reason why it was still having problems. So I got a factory sensor and then it seems to do the same thing once it runs hot it will not restart after being shut off but when it cools it will then restart usually after a couple of hours or so. This is driving me insane. Need some assistance. Can you help or possibly lead me to some troubleshooting areas that could help me Thanks

joecorvair
1,545

Ignition modules are known to fail when hot and work after cooling down. Also replace the picup coil at the same time.

pat8273
85

these cars have fuel press bleed off problems crank no start or no crank issue? no crank when starters get old some dont work hot

Andrew O'Sullivan
75

Sometimes when go to get in it will not start, it cranks fine and fires then dies. It is due to a problem with the alarm system (my security light often comes on and stays on when driving.) Pulling the fuse for the alarm when parking it solves this problem.

hogbike
10

if it a coil wire coil check coil and wire for corosion had one do the same thing cleaned wire never happened again