Should my crank sensor been changed when i had my timing belt replaced?

CathyPB
0

Asked by CathyPB Aug 01, 2013 at 11:43 AM about the 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2.7L

Six months ago i had my timing belt changed on my 2005 Santa Fe and now my crank sensor and starter has gone out. I thought the crank sensor was i the same area as the timing belt and should have been done with it

Fordtudor37
4,645

They may be in the same area but that does not mean it should be replaced at the same time. I would ask "If you go in to buy new clothes, should you buy a larger size because you might gain weight ?"