my 2003 santa fe stops runnin while driving no engine light

jlivasy
45

Asked by jlivasy Sep 02, 2013 at 05:18 AM about the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe GL

dies while driving sometimes wont start, no check engine light, replaced coils, crank sensor feul pump and cap

45,385

Wont turn over or turns over but does not start?

Best Answer
45,385

Hyundai Santa Fe Problem-- 65 Reports-- Model Years Affected: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010-- Engines Affected: 2.4L 4 Cylinder, 2.7L V6, 3.5L V6-- Average Mileage: 81,706 mi (1,100 mi - 143,155 mi)-- The crankshaft position sensor may fail, causing engine stalling or a failure to start. Replacement or the failed sensor will commonly correct this problem.

jlivasy
45

hot bat turns over fine st st dies for no reason and will stat after sitting replaced crank sensor same propblem

judge_roy

get a NEW battery...the old one plays hell with the charging system~

45,385

Hate to hear of your troubles with this one but don't feel alone. I have found that a lot of owners are having same or similar issues with theirs. Here are some things that other owners found wrong with theirs. Crank position sensor, throttle position sensor, egr switch and/or fuel pressure switch. Any one of these could be your problem. I would start with the fuel pressure switch since you have already replaced the crank position sensor.

snorkeldragon
10

To get the car started, replace the fuel pressure relay in the fuse panel under the hood. Next, replace the fuel pressure regulator located on the fuel rail. This little device will burn out your fuel relay repeatedly if you don't replace it at the same time. The relay is $20, the regulator is $45. Less than an hour to replace both and your car will run like new. The check engine light coming on is usually related to emission problems such as egr valve or oxygen sensors. The fuel pressure regulator will send a false reading to the check engine light and bring up numerous error codes which will go away when the fuel pressure regulator is replaced. I had your problem and told the mechanic how to fix it. He didn't believe me and said it was the crank position sensor or the temp sensor or throttle position sensor, bad battery, faulty starter and a list of other things. He was wrong. Try this less expensive fix first. Your car will start as soon as you replace the relay but the permanent fix is in the fuel pressure regulator.

HELPME999
0

my car loses acceleration. I've had three batteries and something draining the amps out of them. I have replaced the alternator. I being told that the TPS needs to be replaced. Looking on internet to find location of TPS, can't find it. Also, there are several other things it could be. Like APP SENSOR, THROTTLE BODY, PROGRAMMED ECM.