The car alarm keeps going off, randomly/I have removed the fuse that should have been responsible for powering the car alarm What do I do? How can I physically disconnect the alarm?

mammamia
0

Asked by mammamia Sep 23, 2013 at 05:05 PM about the 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Also about 2 weeks ago, I ran the car into a deep puddle on the road and could not get it started.  Had it towed to a nearby garage.  They "flushed the engine", what is that and could the water be responsible for the car alarm going off, too?

Deathjam4
605

actually if you look just inside your door on the center piller there should be a button behind your seat belt hold it for 3 seconds each time you go to lock the car. when you push it the light on your door lock will light up then go out this will turn off your cars motion detection in the interior of the car. my cars alarm does this all the time as well and i find turning off the motion sensors stops the problem. and as for the water problem well my guess is your car sucked up water into the intake and flushing the system means they purged the water from your engine. this is the main reason off road vehicles have snorkels to keep the water out of the intake or exaust