Good place for Oil Change and Car inspection

Gfarooq Hassanali
0

Asked by Gfarooq Oct 13, 2012 at 03:23 PM about the 2002 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro

I recently Went to Sam's Auto Repair and Body Shop for an oil change and they offered a full car inspection.

Sunny the Mechanic on staff pointed out several things regarding my timing belt. He showed me that i needed to be replaced and
explained not everyone can replace the timing belt for an Audi they need to have a special Brace. (this metal Bar looking thing) to place
on the car for replacing a timing belt. Is that true?

www.SamsCarRepair.com

John Leone
4,365

yes, there is a small bracket that holds the top shaft pulleys in place. where are you located, as in state, country so i can recommend a company...the timing belt intervals are 60,000 120,000 180,000 miles. I do love the 2.7, but went with the 2.8 (more reliable), and rebuilt it myself, timing belts, water pump, pulleys all will be recommended since they are in there anyway, also a good audi mechanic will look for the valve cover gaskets, and "pucks" on the back of the engine which all USUALLY LEAK, they are not trying to scam you, but i love audi, always have, but those are the most predictable engine issues they have, on the good, you keep it filled with oil, and the turbos functioning, and it lioterally will run for ever, have maintained many with over 400,000 miles on the engine.....

garageman
1,065

If you have the t belt replaced it is very important that you find a shop that is very familiar with these cars.special tools aside,proper procedures must be followed.Do not bring these cars to a shop not familiar with them .That is where most problems begin,and you will be the one paying the price

49,745

Check in at Audiworld.com and Audizine.com for tips on the care and feeding of your A6.