What is is when the ABS indicator light turns on and Speedometer fails to function?

ddelacruz
0

Asked by ddelacruz Jun 18, 2013 at 06:59 PM about the 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Avant Quattro

I noticed the ABS indicator turned on for the first time when I went to get the brake fluid flushed.. never worked the same since then...  Then Check engine light ignited .. soon after the Speedometer began to fail... .. Some times when i turn on the car all light are off and it works well.. .As soon as The abs indicator lights up all begins to fail..

DavidH25

May I ask WHY you decided to have the brake fluid flushed?

biggdog462001
285

You are most likely having a problem with abs sensor on one of the wheels.

Deathjam4
465

it sounds like a sensor to me. when you had the fluid replaced did you use regular fluid that you would put into a gmc or did you put in the mineral hydrolic brake fluid designed specifically for the audi brake system. because regular brake fluid will screw up your entire braking system in an audi

Best Answer
ddelacruz
0

I took it to a Goodyear tire shop, not sure what type of fluid they used.. most likely the standard type..

Deathjam4
465

ok i made a boo boo the brake fluid is supposted to be dot 4 but as i said before it does take a not standard grade brake fluid and will screw up the brake system if the proper stuff is not used.