Has anybody tried the Tunesport Performance Module by PCN on your truck. I just purchased one and wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with the module...

jmt413
5

Asked by jmt413 Nov 25, 2011 at 01:32 PM about the 2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4 Dr SLE 4WD Extended Cab SB HD

Markguidry856
50

hi i was just wondering if you have tried it yet and if it is any good?

guy31378
40

I have. Bought a chip for a 2.4L 2007 Toyota Camry LE. I installed the chip and noticed that the acceleration lag my car had became a little worse. Figured maybe because the chip was tuning the engine to run leaner. However, after comparing my fuel mileage for 500 miles before the chip and 500 miles afterwords I found a loss of just about 2 MPG. I uninstalled the chip, did a new baseline of 500 miles. Then re-installed the chip and did another 500 miles with the exact same results. Basically, I noticed no increase in power from the chip... if anything it reduced my power. Basically, you'd be better off spending the $50 the chip costs on a tank of high octane gas and some engine cleaner. You'll get better results.

Tokntuff
30

I installed a tunesport performance chip on my 03 Hyundai elantra, and noticed decent results. On another note though the wires came loose on it eventually, i took the casing apart to find they weren't even sodered,but glued on. I sodered the wires properly, re-installed the chip. The results after fixing this problem were remarkable!! I'm guessing at least a gain of 50hp!!!

CB1221
20

I recently bought one of these chips and I made the mistake of looking at the reviews after I bought it, I popped open the "module" and all that's in there is a half ass glue job and a piece of metal, no software at all.

iEATricers
50

i want to buy one but am having second thoughts based on reviews. I am currently driving a 2001 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 v8. SO are they a scam? or do they work? is there any software to them? or just a fake piece of plastic?

jeremyd12
40

i bought one also and noticed a loss of 1 to 2 mpg . today i went to you tube and watched tunesport module scam, everyone should watch this before buying.

Disappointed345
0

I just opened the Chip one of the wire were not connected that is why the chip won't work; but of coarse I have not tested it out yet to scared that I may screw the car up again. Anyone who has this chip open it up if both wires are not connected to the chip it will not work.

Disappointed345
0

My car never lost any power are acceleration neither gained or lost anything. So I got curious and opened and found what I thought in the first place. Is the chip worthless can't say, Just that both wires were not connected to the chip.

Kirby-Sara Abshere
30

we bought the tune sportsport performance module after having it on for a while are truck started blowing sensors we took it off opened the box inside of it was two wires connected to a piece of metal with glue all around it