Where do I find the bleeding zerk on my 1990 Ford ranger?

tstansbro
435

Asked by tstansbro Apr 23, 2013 at 07:45 PM about the 1990 Ford Ranger STD Standard Cab SB

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger. 2.9L with a Type D tranny. And I need to know where the
bleeding zerk would be and how I would bleed it. Any thoughts, advice, diagram, videos,
would be great! In desperation!

tstansbro
435

Well, you atleast know what I was referring to. Its just like a bleeding valve on the brakes. But I'm looking for something similar to that on the tranny/clutch. Because there isn't one on the Slave.

judge_roy

there has to be a bleeder valve on the slave cylinder else there'd be no way to get the air out~

tstansbro
435

No, sorry. Thought I had that mentioned in there. Guess not. My mistake.

judge_roy

...duh..

judge_roy

you're going to need two people for this, volunteer to babysit and offer a fantastic automotive adventure....you get to press the pedal all the way when I holler...(got to be big/strong enough to do this)

judge_roy

good luck on this>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNTDGwcjZc

tstansbro
435

See, if you woulda read what I had said, I think you wouldn't be as oblivious as you are. I said there ain't a Zerk. And there ain't. I've checked.

tstansbro
435

Don't worry mate, I found it. Its inside the belhousing where I have to bleed it. Thanks for your VAST knowledge on this.

judge_roy

okay buddy, I've taken a ration of gravy from my co-horts who don't believe that imagination is more valuable than knowledge~